Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Primavera 2011 Day 1

May 26

Again the day starts with a miss, this time Cults. The hit sounded great. Hang round for SeeFeel who were impressive.
SeeFeel - Live @ Primavera - 26 May 2011
Then down to the Vice Stage , my favourite of the Festival. The sound was generally good and the crowds relatively small and appreciative. Connan Mockasin is great. New Zealand keeps producing these guys. How the hell do they do it.
Connan Mockasin - Live @ Primavera - 26 May 2011

Suicide are confronting. 70 year old's singing about sex with anyone let alone young girls really seems to piss people off. But that has always been the way I guess. The sound is heavy as fuck and the recording doesn't do justice to the the sheer physicality of it. Best live. I missed the last song to get down the the Vice stage.
Suicide - Live @ Primavera - 26 May 2011
Part of some new San Fran garage revival along with Sunny & The Sunsets, Fresh & Onlys, Thee Oh Seees and a few others. Actually more mainstream than any of those bands but damm good anyway. First mosh I have seen at two PS's. I will see them again when I return to Brisbane in a club and I enjoyed it there too.
Ty Segall - Live @ Primavera - 26 May 2011

No comments: