Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Jandek

The Hi-Fi Bar and it was relatively gentle to the bands tonight.

Black Widow with Joel Stern make noise that is hypnotic and complex but easy to listen to. I'm never sure what to say about music like this. I find it dfficult to see the overarching patterns if there are any so I can only enjoy the moment.

Lost Domain were great. The singer getting more frantic [much nicer word than unhinged] as he went along with support from some deadnotes. Lotta fun

Blank Realm I keep getting mixed up with noise bands i guess because of their name. They are actually a pretty good rock band though that may be based just their choice of material on the night.

Jandek I know largely from his earlier acoustic work so tonight was a revelation. Quite electric and in parts almost rocking. His backing band were really good. I am pretty sure the bass guitar didn't open her eyes the entire set. If you know Jandek or if you don't it doesn't make much sense me trying to describe it so you best listen for yourself. This was one of my top shows of the year so far and for surprise it will be hard to beat.

Black Widow w Joel Stern - Live @ The Hi-Fi Bar - 21 Mar 2010

Lost Domain - Live @ The Hi-Fi Bar - 21 Mar 2010.

Blank Realm - Live @ The Hi-Fi Bar - 21 Mar 2010

Jandek - Live @ The Hi-Fi Bar - 21 Mar 2010

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for recording this show. all the bands are amazing!

Jordy

Anonymous said...

thanks from england. love jandek.